If you are involved in an accident, there is always the chance of legal action taken against your estate. This means legal fees, court dates, and uncertainty. These are unexpected expenses which your family will have
to deal with.
There are also final expenses that must be dealt with through probate. While this rarely involves life insurance, the funds you think your family has to live on can be seriously affected in some situations.
What if your death was caused by illness? Most people think if they have medical insurance they are covered. This is not always true. A disease such as cancer will push your medical insurance to the edge and then some.
Here are some of the costs that can drain you financially even if you are well insured:
- Out of pocket expenses
- Maximum payment limits of your policy
- Out of network providers (who may be the specialist you need)
- Medications that your insurance may not cover
- The cost of in-home equipment to assist you in moving, sleeping, bathing, and walking
- The cost of having in-home nursing, adult care, therapy, and transportation
- These are expenses that drain your financial situation, before your death!
These are expenses that drain your financial situation, before your death!